How to Integrate Conversational Marketing with Social Media in Multifamily
Jump to Section
The human need to communicate mixed with advances in technology has led to the rapid growth of social media. Today’s renters have grown up with social media and don’t remember a time without it. They are super users. Before they even step foot into their future apartment, prospective renters want to open the door to their future home — online. Social media channels provide a great opportunity for properties to provide a top-notch conversational marketing experience.
Savvy multifamily marketers realize that conversational marketing social media is more than just posting a pretty picture of your pool or sharing your latest resident events. Social media is a powerful tool for apartment communities to reach potential residents and promote their properties.
So, how can you create a compelling message on social media to set your properties apart with the ability to also quickly and effectively carry on a conversation wherever your prospects are?
How to use social media in the multifamily industry
According to an article by Common, nearly 50% of renters look for an apartment on social media. More specifically, many prefer Instagram as their primary channel. Because of this, the multifamily industry can’t afford not to be using social media to its advantage. If you’re at the beginning of your social media journey, or would enjoy some tips for improvement, here are some ways that you can use social media to reach potential residents and improve their brand reputation.
Here are some examples of ways to use social media for your properties:
- Prospect Marketing: social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter can be used to promote available units, community events, and special promotions.
- Resident Service: responding to tenant inquiries and complaints through social media can help improve resident satisfaction and increase resident loyalty.
- Reputation Management: monitoring online reviews and comments can help the multifamily industry identify areas for improvement and maintain a positive online reputation.
- Networking: social media can be used to connect with other professionals in the industry and stay up-to-date on industry trends and news.
- Lead Generation: social media platforms can be used to attract potential residents through targeted advertising and engaging content.
Social media marketing apartments takes a lot of what you already for your digital marketing efforts and puts it on platforms that reach your prospects in a more organic, casual way. It’s also how you build an image and share the story of your community to prospective renters on the channels they’re using to research their future home.
Best practices for effectively using social media
If you’re going to put in the effort to make social media work as part of your digital marketing strategy, you want to make sure you’re maximizing your outcomes.
Here are some best practices for how multifamily marketings can effectively use social media:
- Define goals: determine what you want to achieve through social media, whether it’s generating leads, improving customer service or building brand awareness.
- Define target audience: determine the demographic of your target audience to be able to choose the right platforms and tailor your message and content appropriately.
- Choose the right platforms: select the social media platforms that. are most relevant for your target audience and align with your goals.
- Identify key benefits: highlight the unique features and benefits of your properties, such as convenient location, amenities and security.
- Create engaging content: share information about your properties, community events and promotions, and use eye-catching images and videos to capture attention.
- Use visuals: share eye-catching images and videos that showcase your community, such as photos of common areas, unit interiors and local attractions.
- Interact with residents: respond promptly to tenant inquiries and complaints and engage with residents through conversational marketing social media. Encourage interaction by asking questions, running polls, and responding quickly to comments and messages.
Along with more content centered around the neighborhood, there are lots of other fun property management social media post ideas that you can use for your property:
- Meet a member of the leasing team with a Humans of New York style caption.
- Meet a resident with photos of how they decorated their unit and what they love about the property and community in the caption.
- Pet of the month
- Photos of resident events
- Tips on decorating
- Storage ideas
- Renter friendly DIYs
- How to put in a maintenance request
The best apartment Instagram posts and the best apartment Facebook pages aren’t ones that are made on Canva or are just a graphic of your different specials, floor plans, etc. They’re the ones that go beyond what is traditional for Instagram captions for apartment marketing and bring life onto the page. Your social media should reflect life at your property.
While the financial aspect of renting is important, there is also an emotional aspect to renting. It is going to be this person’s home for at least a year. If they have pets, kids, or are planning on having some in the future they want to see if the community is a fit even if it meets their budget. To keep up with this kind of property management Instagram posting is a lot of work. There are a lot of free and low budget options for social media scheduling platforms where you can create a property management social media calendar.
Assigning a designated member of the onsite team to take on the responsibilities of your property’s social media will also make it easier to the onsite team as it is someone’s designated task.
Every year, PERQ orchestrates more than 4 million remarkable customer experiences for more than 160 multifamily property management companies (PMCs). Through the power of our AI lead management platform, PMCs can manage the entire leasing consumer experience at a scale the onsite team never could.
PERQ engineers proactive and personalized cross-channel communications and nurturing along with engagement and conversion tools to leads from every marketing channel. This frees up time, optimizes marketing spend and improves employee productivity for the leasing team.
By transforming your back-office technology to a modern lead nurturing engine, PERQ enables nurturing at scale to foster renter trust, build upon leasing intent, and make the most of every lead.