7 min readSoftware for Auto Dealers: Making the Wisest Business Investments
There’s absolutely no question that automotive dealers work extremely hard to ensure that their ship runs smoothly. Whether you’re the owner, a sales guy, a marketing manager or someone who works in the services department, each member of a dealership’s team is incredibly important to the success of the business.
With the number of odds and ends that consistently need to be taken care of every day, investing in additional resources to help move things along is never a bad decision.
One of the biggest favors you can do for yourself is invest in different types of auto dealer software programs to help your dealership run more efficiently. Not only are many of these programs made specifically with the auto industry in mind, but a lot of them are downright affordable!
By category, here’s some of the best auto dealer software that money can buy:
Website Building Software for Auto Dealers
Chances are pretty good that you’ve heard the saying “Presentation is Everything” at least once in your professional life.
Well, the saying can most definitely be applied to the automotive industry — especially in regards to your dealership’s website. In a nutshell, the better your website looks and functions, the better experience your consumers will have. The better their experience, the more likely they’ll be to buy a vehicle from your dealership.
Now, obviously, building a comprehensive website for your dealership is no easy feat — but this is why there are several website builders specifically for automotive dealers. With website building software, you can have complete control over essentially every aspect of your site.
Here are a few specific examples of website building software for auto dealers:
- Dealer.com –“Seamless Websites provide you with a fully optimized digital dealership experience. You can configure every aspect of your website using the industry’s most advanced mobile technology, merchandise your inventory more powerfully than ever, and even start and make deals through the most complete digital retailing experience in the industry.” (Source)
- Flexdealer.com – “FlexDealer’s all-in-one website solution is ideal for any independent or franchise dealership looking for flexibility, customization and results. Be done with off-the-rack.” (Source)
- Dealersocket.com/Dealerfire.com – “DealerFire has been building influential, award-winning websites for more than 10 years. We can help you deliver your brand’s story through a unique, appealing, user-friendly website. Trends come and go, but by staying ahead of new technologies and sticking to our guiding principles, we design your website with a competitive edge. (Source)
Inventory Management Software for Auto Dealers
Financial Software for Auto Dealers
Whether it’s an auto dealer software program to process credit card payments, an application made to process credit applications for financing, or a program that can produce detailed invoices and receipts, dealerships can take full ownership of all aspects of their finances with ease.
Instead of relying on several 3rd parties (or several 3rd party tools), you should seek out the best car dealer software that handles these specific financial tasks.
Here are a few financial software examples to look into:
- Frazer Auto Dealer Software – “Frazer Software is an affordable and reliable used car dealer software package. Since 1985, we have provided high-quality automotive software to independent used-car dealerships across the nation.” (Source)
- CoreLogic – “For over fifty years, CoreLogic has been the leading provider of specialized credit reporting and risk mitigation solutions to the automotive industry.” (Source)
- Constellation Auto – “Constellation Automotive Software delivers a complete set of tools that mid-sized Buy Here Pay Here car dealers need to manage their entire business in real-time.” (Source)
Auto Dealer Marketing Software
Although most dealerships over the last decade have developed a stronger online presence (particularly on social media), there are still quite a few who don’t update as frequently as they should. The most common culprit of this is a simple lack of time and a lack of content to share.
Considering how many consumers use their mobile devices to get online, it’s important to constantly be in front of the eyes of the folks you’re selling to. Luckily, the use of marketing and social media software can help dealers to keep up with their online presence quite easily.
With this type of auto dealer marketing software, dealers can share content with their consumers, schedule their own social media posts (including images) and in some cases, share blog posts directly from the platform. But the best part of all? Most of these programs are either free or extremely affordable.
Here are some of the more popular social media platforms on the market:
- Hootsuite – “Manage all your social media marketing in one place. From finding prospects to serving customers, Hootsuite helps you do more with your social media marketing.” (Source)
- Buffer – “Save time managing your social media. Schedule, publish and analyze all your posts in one place” (Source)
- Tweetdeck – “The most powerful Twitter tool for real-time tracking, organizing, and engagement. Reach your audiences and discover the best of Twitter.” (Source)
Technology can be used to greatly improve your processes, lead generation and efficiency, allowing you to focus on the selling more cars. Consider different auto dealer software to improve your dealership’s productivity and sales.
Wanna learn more about how our software can help your dealership can garner more leads? Check out PERQ Web Engagement’s automotive solution, and schedule a demo today!